I just got back in a little over a half hour ago from my 6 am run. I've been doing early morning runs with a neighbor to bring consistancy to my workouts. I've been going to the Y, but it got a little nuts to figure out when to fit it in with homeschool, a nursing baby and all. So now when I go to the Y I can just cross-train as I've gotten running out of the way.
I wondered how it would be to get up at 5:45 three times a week with Greta still getting up once a night, but I'm finding it really enjoyable. I think with spring here its feeling so great to be outside. Something about enjoying the outdoors in the quiet of the morning is invigorating. Today was especially nice as our lilacs are just starting to burst and the fragrance is quite heady. It was wonderful to fun along and enjoy the colors and smells of crab apples, lilacs, tulips, etc. It was all perfect...a cool 45 degrees...perfect temp for running in shorts-finally. I love starting the day like this and if I could post the smells, I would.
Thanks again, Spring, for waking me up once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment