Thursday, September 22, 2005

earl watch


earl
Originally uploaded by itsandyw.
I usually keep to my own business as it requires enough of my attention. I stay out of the way, don't offer my opinions too much, like a good northerner should. I think though that this story deserves too much attention to just let pass by. So starting today I will be giving occasional "earl watch" updates. If your already confused and need to catch up to the haywagon, then check back to my May 2005 posting. Find the heading "is the grass always greener?" and get caught up to speed, cause the tractor ain't stopp'n.

Once again I was mowing my lawn and once again dear ol' Earl (name changed to protect innocent) was taking care of his. The thought occured to me that maybe I should take his picture, because the time he spends on his lawn is record breaking. I felt a bit silly as I knew I couldn't just walk over and ask him for a photo op without a bit of confusion. I think as one gets older they err on the side of suspision. Plus, I only live a few doors down and I have to live with myself should he be a late night blogger and stumble upon this story himself. So there I was with the moral dilema; "Is it right to secretly take his picture, and if I do it, how do I pull it off discretely?".

Anyone who knows me knows I'll take a challenge and so I couldn't resist my own self. I ran inside, grabbed the digi cam and casually walked to the corner of the house. Thank goodness the playground was right there, for if he were to suddenly tear his eyes away from his little green blades, he would assume I'm taking a picture of that. Subtle, yet effective. So I snapped off three shots and here is the best of them. Being that its three houses away the quality is so, so. Sort of like seeing those poor quality photos on the gossip rags in the store...the picture looks real, but is it? You'll just have to trust me its really him.

Who knows, now I'm thinking that maybe I can pull of a drive by shot one day. I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

kekoa said...

Pam,
you goof!
I wonder if I'm secretly the subject of a blog or two. God certainly knows that I've put myself in a few situations that would be entertaining to some...but maybe that is just all in my head.

Hey, I'll try to be a blogger again. Doing the laundry is over-rated.

Love you my friend,
Kerri
(tina, it was nice seeing you at the zoo!)

Anonymous said...

love hearing from you. knowing your vivacious personality and peculiar habits (now i have them wondering) i'm sure your someone's secret too.