A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
energy efficient
Being that our house is 65 years old, it is fairly drafty. We would not win energy star ratings here. The wall in the kitchen is not even insulated which raises suspicions about the rest of the house. We're tackling it, but its slow going. I've scoured all the sites on how to save on heat this year-a very important issue considering the rate hikes. Andy has done his homework on alternative heating resources, but the most economical thing for us is adding more layers of clothing. But is it getting too extreme on my part when in frugality I keep the temps at 60? Is it a little too ridiculous that my hands are mostly numb? Even as I write this I'm shaking a bit from the cold. Hopefully that article I read somewhere about your blood thickening in the winter will pay off. I don't know. But I'm going to quit writing this and go find my wool sweater and leave it on all winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
60 is pushing it - although we've been at 65 since October. Fleece blankets are a Godsend.
(By the way - hope you all enjoyed the snowfall last night. We certainly did. It yielded, what, 0.5 centimeters?)
yeah...stuart even ran outside at 7:30 to "shovel".
Post a Comment