Friday, January 20, 2006

chit chat

I have five kids and one baby running around the house this evening. So it is hard to see how engaging this post will be. All week I have been watching for little gems to post about life in this household. So far nothing has grabbed me. Just been a normal week on this side if the river, I guess.

I have another friend whose blog I read daily. Its full of interesting stories, opinions and colorful banter. I have a secret wish that I could be varied as he is on my writings. Course maybe it helps to be a journalism major. He discusses, politics, movies, family and uses wonderful words that I have to check a dictionary with.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no dummy. Its just that my life is spent mainly in 1600 square feet of space that I know really well. I'm surrounded by three kids that I can usually predict. I turn on the tv about once a week for a childrens video and if people didn't post signs in there yards, I wouldn't know when to vote. I hardly listen to my own music anymore. How do you explain the 80's flavor to a six year old? Its also hard to make up a engaging discussion on the musical variances of Go Fish and Silly Songs for Kids.

So how do I come up with colorful, attention grabbing stories and avoid contemplating the cleanliness of a onsie or three easy steps to getting out the door in 10 minutes or less. Granted, there might be some valuable information there, but I'd rather spend time spying on my neighbor-who by the way has gone into hibernation for winter. I think I've seen him back the car out of his driveway maybe three times, only to put it right back into the garage. Guess he wants to keep the oil circulating. Maybe he's one of the few people on the face of this earth who has a respiratory attack if it drops below 30 degrees. Often the basement light is on. 'Course as I walk by in the mornings at 5:30 I conjure up all sorts of stories about what might be going on down there. In the end it is probably something boring. He is probably cultivating grass seedlings in preparation for the spots in his spring lawn.

Ok, time is up. Five kids and a dad only last so long.

I'll get up a pict of the car soon. Tomorrow is lookin' pretty optimistic.

2 comments:

dt said...

Hmmmm... a former journalist who discusses politics and the arts. Might that be yours truly?

Your blog, too, is one of my daily stops. It's one of the few breaths of fresh air I get in what are otherwise fairly stifling days. I always look forward to reading about life in the house of W!

Pam said...

Yeah it is you that I was referring to. Thanks for the nice comments. I admire how engaging and thoughtful your writing is. As I read your work I'm always thinking, "Geez, how did he think of that?" I too, realize that some of our goals are different when it comes to blogging and so, that probably adds mutual enjoyment and variety.

Thanks for adding to my day. Guess I can look at it as I do get my politics and music dose somewhere.