Monday, May 15, 2006

return

We took the garage sale money and went and purchased a dinning room table and chairs yesterday. We've looked around for the past many months and contemplated what we liked. Of course, most of what I love would cost a years salary in a third world country, so the search was long. My husband has patiently accompanied me on many shopping trips to seek out something that will work.

So we shoved, pushed and hauled a heavy table and six chairs home yesterday. I began the assembly last night. But when I went to bed I became worried. Maybe it was too dark of a wood stain. Maybe I should have gone with the lighter table. Maybe I should have looked around a few more places. Maybe I should save and wait. And it goes on and on and on. I see this as a pretty permanent purchase so it adds to the uncertanty and anxiety I feel. What if in three years I don't like it? I don't want to waste the money. Sigh.

I think I need to return it. I'm in trouble now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes. you are ;)

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could post a photo of it?

Pam said...

no, its back at ikea. but if you must know, it was the bjursta table (the one we showed you guys) but black/ebony.

it was...too something. i'm gonna save up for some danish mod thing i saw. so you'll get to sit around that one in a few years.