Tuesday, June 06, 2006

school is out

School ended for us around a week ago. I'm so thrilled. I feel just like I did back in the ol' days when we'd get out of school and you'd wake up with the whole day ahead of you. No routine. No homework. Nothing. Course with children now, my life is somewhat scheduled. I have many responsiblilities. But to have no set routine? Now that is nice! I'm just enjoying doing whatever fancies us at the moment. I have started to contemplate the things I'd love to do this summer. What are you doing for yours?

Here are some of my plans: (This is important! I'm not nursing this summer with a 5 month old infant)

-Read a few good books. Any suggestions are welcome! I'm currently working on Pride & Prejudice.

-Start to landscape the yard.

-Run a half-marathon. Wanted to do a full this year...but alas, too little time. Sigh.

-Find a cool swimsuit. That is a challenge, my male readers.

-Camp up North.

-Go country dancing. (guess what Andy thinks of this one)

-Go kayaking

-Paint. I have some landscapes in mind that would be great to tackle.

-Listen to music. No more "Wee sing Silly Songs"

-Enjoy outdoor concerts. The Cities are a wonderful source for this.

-Sleep in. This means until at least 8.

-Eat french toast.


Oh, Summer. I'm so glad your here.

No comments: