Saturday, August 12, 2006

escape

Yesterday I recieved, in the mail, on of my favorite pastimes. Every eight weeks or so I escape with it. It is simply called Dwell; a magazine of modern architecture, design and inspiration. Someday, when I move to Oregon-or anywhere west for that matter, I will live in a flat-pak, cube, modern house, whatever you want to call it. I'm crazy about floor to ceiling windows, where the outdoors become integrated with your interior. I'd love a concrete floor and beeswaxed glazed walls with a few spare furnishings. I think it would be beautiful to landscape the foundation of a home with nothing but stones. I'm not one for those 4,000 square foot messes that project themselves alarmingly from "the development". More is often less for me.

Sigh. So, while I wait for my dream, I scour the magazine with interesting articles on technology, unusual materials and means of creating a space to live.

Yes, someday you can visit me in my spartian, subtly beautiful hideway. And I won't even mind when you comment on the lack of a spice rack adorning my wall.

No comments: