Thursday, November 09, 2006

crush

The kids have been attending Wednesday night church activities for the past many weeks and enjoy it. Last night I found out how fully so. I was in bed and S came in to give me a kiss goodnight. He climbed up on the bed and promptly announced, "Mom, I have a new girlfriend. She has blue eyes and a nice smile. She told me that I'm good at the games and run fast. That's why I like her. Oh, and she has blond hair."

After quietly picking up my jaw off the floor, I just smiled and said how nice it was that he had a new friend. He all the while beaming from this revelation.

I can't believe this has already started. And as I kissed him goodnight, I had to pause and wonder who the last girlfriend was.

3 comments:

dt said...

Princess Leia had to be the first one, right?

Pam said...

Oh, yeah, your probably right. I'm sure she's still a favorite.

Matthews said...

Yikes!!! It does start young. Our little J-Man has a crush on Lola...the literary character from Charlie and Lola books/show. More Lola is all we here!!