Happy New Year everyone. My parting shot of last year? Sick with the flu and sinus infection. I feel like I'm catching up with the bus that left days ago. Oh, yeah, its the New Year. While I was busy containing my bodily fluids and taking out stock in Kleenex, everyone was eating and celebrating the arrival of 2007. I'm already heads above those resolving to loose weight this year. I've hardly had a square meal since Christmas. But enough about that sad little journey. On to better and brighter things. Even my poor nose is nearly healed of what looks like a case of leprosy.
Do you make resolutions come every January? I wonder how many out there make them in January only to have them fizzle by mid-February? I personally shun the term because once I commit...I commit. That is not to say I don't have dreams and make goals. Anyone who knows me knows that I plan.
So I guess I contemplate hopes, dreams and what-ifs at the beginning of each year. Mine sort of are works in progress. Some evolve from one year to the next. Some I've been preparing for down the road; like waiting for the Lady Slipper that blooms every seventh year. Others are once in a life time milestones. I like some flexibility for surprise and last-minute excitement. And as I have had time on my sick bed to reflect the past couple of years and consider what would be meaningful for life this year, here are my thoughts.
-hike/camp part of the Superior hiking trail
-continue to go to the Boundary Waters with Andy
-keep running
-read the entire Bible
-start a garden
-replace more house windows
-continue to whittle down the list of books from National Geographics top 100 Adventure books of All Time.
-take a family vacation far, far away
-volunteer with my kids
-prepare for a triathalon
-paint
-pay off more debt
-go on more dates
-look for land
Alright. Thats some of what I've mulled around. What about you? What stirs you?
No comments:
Post a Comment