Thursday, March 01, 2007

precipitation

Just when we get a wonderful dumping of snow perfect for igloo's and snow ball fights, I leave town. Ok, so I leave in two days. But it will probably all melt by the time I return. I pulled the kids in the sled back and forth from school today to drop off Ben. It was so fun walking down the middle of quiet, carless streets. I was reminded of the times when I was a kid and we'd get a bonified Blizzard. Remember those days? My parents would pack us into our snowsuits in the evening and take us on a blizzard walk. It was wonderful walking through the falling snow without even a car on the highway. Everything shut down. I liked the pace that life took. We'd walk about a mile to our friends and drop in for a cup of hot cocoa and then shortly thereafter wander back home through the snow. So, here I sit by the window while snow and wind begin to pick up. The driveway isn't shoveled and no one is moving outside. Its all wonderfully white and quiet. This is one of the best reasons to live in the North.

No comments: