Wednesday, July 11, 2007

summer camp


joel
Originally uploaded by itsandyw
We just got back from a long weekend of camp. I took the two older kids north and we enjoyed a fun weekend together. The kids went off with their counselors while I taught archery and took kids fishing in the pontoon.

SH lives for this time of year as he and his counselor, Joel have known each other about four years. Joel is SH's very own Qui-Gon Jinn as they engage in a elaborate Jedi battle after every camp.

EB thought that every day was the best day of her life. She enjoyed using the skills she's recently learned swimming. She became more of a water beetle and even jumped off the dock on her own.

I enjoyed having time in the evenings to jet ski and leap off what is known as The Blob. Its a floating trampoline, pillow like thing. Much of the time spent there was all laughter as it was just enough to stay on the thing.

I must suck in every ounce of a laid back summer. Its such a relaxing time of year. Next week we head north once again to camp along the North Shore and play. Can you sense the trend here?

1 comment:

Matthews said...

Take me with you!!!!!!!!!!AND TODAY please! Minus my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!:)