Its August. For anyone who lives this far north of the equator, that means you could have snow in September. I've already begun to contemplate what needs to be done in the yard to prepare for winter. Alright, maybe that's a stretch. I have been doing endless days of landscaping. A mountain ash went in a week ago, and the prairie grass in the back has been planted. The beds around the house are no longer just dirt. They're mostly dirt with what looks like controlled weeds in them. I planted bottle brush and broom sedge grasses. Notice their domestic sounding names? Wonder where that theme is coming from. It feels very exciting that things are coming together. The holes left by the chain link fence are getting filled with grass seed and no longer a hazard to the kids running around.
In three years I will have my own small patch of amber waves.
2 comments:
I want photos! Can't wait to see your artistic, au natural, flair!!!
I'm with them, I'd love to see photos. Sounds so cool. And the reference to God Bless America... wow, so cultured.
Post a Comment