Sunday, September 09, 2007

9.11

This date will mark 14 years that Andy and I have been married! Fourteen. So much of it has flown by and yet so many memories have been made. For the few who don't know, we met as kids. Neither of us remember it much, maybe a dinner or two with the families after church. Our friendship was not rekindled until about 11th grade, and then it was another year before we began dating. As I looked back I had no intention of falling in love with my good friend. Andy was truly my buddy when we were in high school. Nothing more. Even though others pried, I never saw him as a potential boyfriend.

Then, the summer of my freshman college year, it all changed. We became camp counselors together. Right before camp began, all the staff showed up to prepare. He came with his brother and a friend. They drove up in front of the dinning room hall just as I was walking up the hill from the lake. Its funny, but as he got out of the car I had a instant feeling in my heart that I was looking at a person who gave me the feeling that you have when you've been away for a long time and you come home. I thought to myself, he is what home feels to me. During the week, he began to feel the same and by the end of the week we had confessed our feelings to each other. Of course it wouldn't be a while before we were married, but we talked about it that week and set up the boundaries and expectations for our relationship that would see us through the years before we could finally be together.

I am so thankful for Andy. Our marriage has had many varied paths; places that I am grateful that we were together in them. We've walked this uncertain road hand in hand. Ando-man, your my love and I pray that we get many more meaningful years together for it hasn't been long enough.

If you asked me again, the answer would be, Yes!

No comments: