Our sweet EB turned six today! Six. Can you believe it? I can't. Seems like she went from infant to kid and skipped everything in between. She woke me up this morning with, "Mom, am I six today?!" It was mostly rhetorical. That was followed by, "What time was I born?" Details matter.
Later in the morning she came up to me and exclaimed, "Mom, I think I'm taller." Then she stood on her toes.
She is currently getting outfitted for a new, probably pinkish, bike. She has outgrown her three year old one. Because she can easily keep up with the rest of us, her old, one break, no gear system just isn't cutting it anymore.
This fall I talked to the kids about the meaning and significance of their names. Oddly, I've never looked hers up. When she was born, she was named after Andy's beloved Swedish grandmother. We thought of little else, and it fits her perfectly. So, in September I looked up the meaning of her name and was struck by how much it fits how I believe the Lord would like her to see Him. Her name means, "The Lord is my Abundance". She is just beginning to understand who Jesus is and the simple fact that He is all she'll ever need. I asked the Lord to help me find a beautiful verse to go with it. May she carry it in her heart all her life.
Psalm 27:4
The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditating in His temple, living in His presence every day of my life, delighting in His incomparable perfections and glory.
We are so glad to have you EB as a gift from God. You are delightful, adventurous, sometimes fearless, thoughtful, introverted, and creative. We would never want anything less. It is such a privilege to get to see you grow.

3 comments:
EB is grown-up and so adorable! You guys make beautiful children..any more?! Just kidding!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SPECIAL GIRL!!!
Wish I could be there to celebrate your big sixth birthday!! I do think you are taller too! I remember seeing you born - it was a thrill of a lifetime! You are amazing and wonderful Elsa and I love you very
much! See you soon!
Love, Ga
EB is such a delight! Happy belated birthday!
Love,
Auntie
Post a Comment