Andy, the older two and I went to an organization in the cities called Feed My Starving Children. Andy and SH had been there before, this was my first time. I must say that this was one of the most memorable days of my life. This Christian organization has you prepare a nutritious bagged meal to send to children between the ages of 5-8 in needy countries. Ninety-five percent of all donations go towards the food. The best part is that it is hands on and kids are encouraged to participate. We donned head coverings and aprons and joyfully worked for a couple of hours. In the end our group produced over 4,000 meals. Enough to feed 11 kids for a year. Our kids didn't want to leave. Elsa wanted to continue to cook (aka, scoop and bag) and Stuart wanted to continue helping behind the scenes with boxing the food and replenishing our stocks.
If you have time this is a meaningful, worthwhile experience. Your heart may never be the same.
2 comments:
I love that idea. Hadn't heard of that place, but that's definitely gotta happen for the Taylors in the next few years.
I've done that! It's a pretty slick operation and a good experience, I agree. You guys are a great family, all feeding the world and stuff -
Post a Comment