Tuesday, September 09, 2008

respite

Even though you probably sensed a bit of angst in my last post, today is a good day. I am packing up the kids. They are headed to my parents for 5 days. Yeah for Super Grandparents who love to be with grandkids. Andy and I are on the verge of celebrating 15 years (whew) together and are going away. We try to get away by ourselves at least once a year and are coming to the realization that once is not enough. Five days might not be either. School is wrapped up, the laundry is nearly finished and everyone is excited to go.

Thanks mom and dad for taking the kids and allowing us to relax and re-energize.

3 comments:

joyful5 said...

Congrats on 15 years! I remember being 8 mons. pregnant with Lizzie at your wedding.:)

Kerri said...

wow. sounds blissful.
5 days? Your parents are amazing.
have fun!

Pam said...

Yep, Five days. We try to do it once a year.