Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a month

A month since last posting has past. Really, way too long. Where have I been? Not here obviously. I've had a dozen posts in my head, but life hasn't allowed much stopping and so something has to give. It gave.

Hopefully things will pause or at least slow down and I can take a breath.

First off, I need a trip to the Caribbean. Most of our vacations involve alot of sweat, temperature extremes, hard ground and heavy hauling. Next year something warm is in order.

Here is the nutshell. Life since January 1, although as you will guess, some of this has been in the works for a while.

-Cousin came to live with my parents. Have helped him adjust, hung out with and figure out schooling. I am now well versed in high schooling options for students that attend in MN.

-I cross-country ski with others a couple of times per week at night. Beautiful and silent. Sometimes EB comes with.

-My neighbor and I get up at 4:45am to run if it isn't -18. You have the whole world to yourself at that time of day. Of course any right minded person should still be in bed.

-Andy finished his contract with ThompsonReuters and now works for Target.

-Kids have strong skills in swimming. The deep end is the fun end.

-G-girl turned 5. We are no longer a baby or toddler family. Feels fantastic to be more mobile with everyone.

-I had a nearly full time job that I took in November. Shortest running ever as I recently quit working. Andys hours changed and kids didn't like the idea of dog-dish dinners and putting themselves to bed.

-I am making plans to go back to school in the fall. Which leads to...

-We are making plans for different schooling for the two older kids. I plan to homeschool G-girl for Kindergarten. I think.

-Andy and I got away with others from our church life group for a quick weekend to a rustic cabin. Outhouse anyone? See what I mean about our idea of a vacation?

-Mom has been bedridden since December with a nasty herniated disk. I get to play cleaning service and nurse aid. We've spent many nights at my folks care-giving. Hopefully she will be upright again soon. Dear Lord, heal her quickly.

-We are helping to plan a fundraiser for good friends Joe and Amy who are adopting a little boy from India. Finally Joe will have a buddy to hunt and hoark luggies with.

-Oh, yeah, and finally, teaching the kids. We fit that in between. Just like ice cream.

-Planning for summer. And vacations. And warm sun.

That is basically it. The nutshell is full.

3 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Love it, Pam. Have great visuals now of dog-dish dinners and hoarking luggies.

Pam said...

...always looking for the beauty... :)

Kerri said...

hi pam~
exciting news -- what are you thinking about going to school for? What kind of job do you want to do?