Wednesday, May 25, 2005

smore again


smores
Originally uploaded by itsandyw.
Last Friday evening Andy went out to a buddy's birthday party. I decided since we here hanging out around the house, we should have some of the kid's friends over. So we invited Jake and Truman. The kids spent the entire evening outside running around in the yard and enjoying the cool evening. I decided it would be great to have a fire. The kids thought so too. But this picture isn't about the kids. Its about me. Let me tell you why. The kids were done with their smore's by this point. I was generous in letting them have around five apiece.

Now it was my turn. I am dedicating this as my picture of the week, because while I was taking great pains to evenly cook my marshmallows a lovely shade of brown–the skin just oh so crispy-I had five kids happily running about me. I was sitting down in my Adirondack chair, just taking in the moment enjoying my happy place.

2 comments:

kekoa said...

This is my most favorite post of your so far.
I feel like I am sitting next to you, with the coolness of spring mixed with goey, melty, yumminess!
What a great photo and wonderful memory. Take me to your happy place....!

kekoa said...

THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!!

You are a #1 toaster!!!!!!!


-chloe