You know, I really sort of thought that homework would end with school. It doesn't. You get adult homework. I've experienced it buying houses, figuring out loans and determining good healthcare for small children. And much like the ol' school days, it isn't especially enjoyable.
This weekend I spent hours reading volumes on car buying and leasing. We were hoping to get more time out of two paid off cars, but both are starting to cost more to fix than their worth. Both have over 100 thousand miles on them and one is nearing 150 thousand. Course, if I where looking at this from my dads standpoint, that would be nothing. I grew up in a home where we didn't even consider a new car before 250 thousand miles. Even the baseboards and heat would have been long gone before that occurred.
So tonight, the test. We go in to the dealership to negotiate and stick by our numbers. In the end we should come out with a new car.
Lets hope I get a A.
2 comments:
I want to see a big picture or your fancy new wheels!
:-)
Matthew
Good luck! I personally hate car dealerships and usually end up taking the "bad cop" routine to staggering levels.
Look at it this way: Considering your track record with holding on to vehicles, once you buy this car, you won't have to do it again for, say, 15 years...
Post a Comment