Tuesday, April 24, 2007

leap

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -TS Eliot

Life sometimes requires a good helping of courage and trust. I have found that to be especially true as I look back through the years of my own life. What may be a small leap for some feels like a giant cliff for others. I felt this keenly this past week as we weaved through, yet again, the possibility of a job change. Andy was given the oportunity to do freelance for another company. And although things were ticking along fine where he was at, this situation gave us room to pause and reconsider if it might be a better fit for our family. The hard part of the decision is that it may only last one year. This particular detail is a hard hill for me to walk over. I like to plan; know what to expect. The unknown is a fearful situation for me. Probably for most, I assume. The odd thing is is that we have had to walk through many unknows; layoffs, job changes, economy slumps. Maybe that is why I said to myself a few times, "Andy has a stable job, why rock the boat?". But sometimes you take a risk. You walk through a fog. You place your trust in God. Not on what you can see with your own eyes. So, he took the job and now we are preparing to take a path that we can't see the end of.

And so, Lord, grow the peace that you have begun in my heart. Make my trust solid and strong. And with the many changes that came our way over the past few years, thank you that you had answers when we needed them.

2 comments:

Matthews said...

Thanks for your honesty. It helped me today. We face such similar things!

Anonymous said...

amen and amen.