A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything.
Friday, February 29, 2008
snow fall
It snowed another couple of inches last night. I enjoyed watching it while inside yesterday and dreaming about the fact that I would be cutting a clean trail through the woods later with my skis. In the evening, I put on a light jacket and set off into the silent, dark woods. At one point when I glanced through the trees, my headlamp illuminated four pairs of green eyes peering at me. They were deer resting for the night. Later fox paw prints filled in the middle of the ski trail for quite a distance. The snow fell sparsely and gently. I could hear the geese murmuring to each other as they settled to roost on the lake. Truly one of those nights that could have been spent in the woods for hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That would have been fun to do!
I love how you write about the outdoors....
Beautiful!
I can see why you're in no hurry to lure Spring to come. :)
Post a Comment