Thinking a bit about trust lately. Actually its been on my radar for quite a while. My heart is often slow to trust in the Lord and rely on his goodness. As a result he provides quite a bit of opportunity for me to grow. I just finished reading the book of Job. It wasn't very intentional, just a part of the plan I was following. Regardless, it reinforced my need to place my trust in the Lord when I can't see beyond tomorrow. I can't see the horizon ahead and none of us really can. Gratefully, my heart feels steadfast, even when I don't have answers. One thing we're guaranteed. Change is certain and answers may come either now, or in eternity. Grateful that God is good and that nothing surprises him.
Today I'm praying about another job change for Andy. We are in the process of making a decision that does not have a clear answer. Both choices do not guarantee longevity. For the past month we have been seeking the Lord for common sense and wisdom. For some, its probably not a big deal. Maybe I assume wrong. For us, this has been 8 years on a roller coaster of trust, fear, anxiety, uncertainty and hope. What if frequent job change is how God chooses to provide? I don't know. Until recently, I never really considered that. Gods blessings are not necessarily measured in money or stability. For the past couple of years he has been shaping me to see that.
His blessing might be in the day to day interaction with my children. His blessing is allowing me to be at home with them full time. His blessing may be that we have a bountiful garden. His blessing is owning one car that hasn't needed major repair in a year. His blessing is the fullness that my heart feels in going to praise him with the company of others each week. His blessing is no doctor visits in a year. His blessing is healthy kids. His blessing is getting alone with him each day and the kids don't seem to interrupt that time. His blessing is the beauty of the world that I can gaze at each morning. His blessing is a loving, faithful husband who cares, protects and provides. His blessing is our family's love. His blessing is settling peace. His blessing is warmth and food. His blessing is a contented heart. His blessing is his love.
It's not about what we see. It's always about what He sees.
Our God, who laid the foundations of the earth and determined its dimensions. You who decreed the boundaries of the seas and clothed the air with clouds and darkness. You who commanded the morning to appear and caused the sun to rise in the east. You who walked in the depth of the seas and knows their source. The Lord who created the treasuries of snow and ordered how hail is made. Who created the valleys for rain and laid out the path for lightning, causing rain to fall on barren desserts. Who sends dew for tender grass and changes water into ice. You who hold back the stars and guide the constellations. You, Lord, who orders the earth and all it contains. You who hold the universe and all it contains. I am humble and grateful that you are concerned about me. I seek you today.
May we all place our trust in You.
4 comments:
Pam,
Love this post - what beauty your heart displays as you rest in God. Sorry to hear that you are facing more job decisions, friend.
-amy
I loved your post, too. Good reminders about trust, and how God cares about every detail--of everything.
Those job decisions can be so stressful. The unknown and "instability" of sorts can be especially hard on wives. With the volatile industry that Wade works in, it seems every month he's got a new path/company/idea he's exploring--and I've realized it's not exciting to me at all--it's unnerving. I do my best to be supportive and be willing to explore the options with him, but I've also learned to have grace on myself--knowing that God has wired me to be a bit more cautious and that's OK. The balance I can bring is not a burden, but a blessing. I'm just thinking out loud. I don't know if what you're dealing with is the same or not...
Thank you for this Pam. I struggle with trust and right now it is trusting the Lord with my firstborn who will be 18 in 6 months and testing me. Your words were needed in my life today.:)
Beautiful and poignant. Love ya, J
Post a Comment