
Yesterday I spent time in the woods with my girl and some friends at a nearby state park. I think we had all hoped to see spring peaking from beneath all the leaf litter, but alas, its as if spring is holding her breath a little longer. Only the brave, brilliant green moss was shockingly evident against the palette of browns. I suspect it keeps its brilliancy even under the snow all winter.
Still, the sun felt good and it was nice to picnic amongst the trees. A day where your heart sense the hope of what is to come, and yet can hardly believe that the wonderful order of the earth will yet again bring spring.
A clear, shallow creek was discovered. Feet were dipped into the water and it was hard to expect any child to keep themselves away from the babbling water. Stones must be tossed and wooden boats sent afloat downriver. It was noted that we must come back in the summer to hike the creek. The bends that tucked and disappeared beneath the trees begged for exploration.
And so, the last soft brown...

The beginning of green again.

1 comment:
Beautifully written and awesome photos! I love peeking in on you. Just wish we were closer.
Post a Comment